Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11, 2010

Today I am Grateful for:

Sleep. I usually always get up at between 4 and 5 in the morning. I forgot to set my alarm last night and I had the fortune of sleeping in until 6:00 a.m. Normally I would have freaked out and would have been in a panic. Today, I was grateful to get the sleep I needed. My body had the chance to sleep through the night uninterrupted and get the rest it obviously needed.

Being Sober. I still can't believe how nice life is without the influence of drugs and alcohol. To have sober clarity is just something I couldn't image when I was caught in the depths of my addiction. Of course life isn't all sunny days and happy endings. But it is so much more than it was before. I'm not sitting around thinking this is happening to me, I'm experiencing what is happening and looking at my options and making the better choice. I'm not trying to make square things fit into round holes. I realize that's impossible and I don't need to bother trying because it just doesn't work. Being sober allows me to look at things a little more logically and not to not react so emotionally to everything. It really does give me serenity.

Today. For all the unknown things that I am going to experience happen today and the things that I will be accomplishing.

My dog Ina. She is sweet and loving. I am grateful that she likes to keep and eye on me during the day and stays close to my side.

4 comments:

  1. Ina sounds like a sweetheart! Pet her for me..

    namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the day off tomorrow and Monday is a holiday. I'm looking forward to lots of sleep. No getting up at 6 AM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how trying to force square things into round holes used to make sense. Grateful we have been restored to sanity!

    ReplyDelete