Thursday, February 18, 2010

February 18, 2010

Today I am Grateful for:

Spirituality. Every day I am so thankful that I found my spiritual path. For so many years I was on auto-pilot and didn't even think that there was something greater than myself. I believed there was nothing. Even on my worst day now do I ever think that there isn't something out there greater than me. Sure it ebbs and flows, but I have seen the miracles in my life that I cannot ignore. That is when I sit myself down and look at the proof.

Belief in me. To be able to not indulge in the negative thinking I have done for most of my life about myself. To stop and be grateful for what I have and what I have accomplished, especially in the last 18 months. I am so grateful my eyes have been opened to a better way of life.

People in my life. I am grateful for all the people in my life. Even the ones that rub me the wrong way. They are gifts or lessons in my life. I am learning that they are my higher powers way to make things happen in my life that I can't do for myself. I realize they are examples to learn by. Some people can be an example of how I don't want to be or how I do not want to treat another person. They are the writing on the wall.

To be able to say yes. I write about this a lot because I am the king of saying no. I am learning to say yes and I am seeing how it is having a positive influence in my life. When I say no, it's attached to the old me that would just turn around and go put chemicals into my body and dream of bigger things that never came. I am slowly realizing there are hidden opportunities when I say yes. It may not be directly in when I say yes at that moment, but it appears it's just a door opening up for more. I am so grateful I willing to change.




5 comments:

  1. Just what I needed to 'hear' today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary. I used to say yes all the time and have begun to decline things more and more. It feels good to not be obligated or to do things because they are expected. Very freeing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Gary.

    Getting sober enabled me to open myself to the Universe and allow the good stuff to start pouring in!!

    ReplyDelete