Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 14, 2010

Today I am grateful for:

Warmer weather. It is amazing how the temperature changes and so does everyone's mood. At first cooler weather is welcome, but we all know that the warm weather is what really makes us happy. I choose to live in this climate. I know what it's like to live where the sun doesn't shine and it's -50 degrees and everyone is miserable. I am so grateful to walk outside, feel the warm sun shinning down on me. I feel the energy of the sun rejuvenating and recharging me.

Miracles. I never believed in miracles. I never realized how they happen everyday. I always thought that a miracle was something grand and only happened for the masses to see. I never realized that they happen for us each individually on a daily basis if we are just open to them to realize it's God's way of communicating with us to let us know he's listening. I suddenly can say, Ah ha, it's no doubt in my mind that something just changed or impacted me by my willingness to see and understand what just happened. Miracles come in all sizes and shapes. Miracles come to you by way of the radio, conversations with people that gives you goosebumps. They cause Joy to flow through you like you never felt. Miracles comes by way of actions of others or as simple as reading something that brings a deeper meaning to the words on the page that you never felt before. Miracles are answers to prayers. Miracles to me are God letting me know I am heard.

The Third Step Prayer. I have been saying this prayer for over 16 months practically everyday. It's also a prayer for some reason I cannot memorize. I'm working on it. I remember when I was in rehab I found this prayer and it was one of those miracles. I could not believe it was about my issues, right there on paper. How I was really living so centered in myself trying to control everything. It's been a long journey letting go, Letting God, being an example and helping others.

"God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

Progress not perfection. I have to remind myself this everyday. It's my goal for the day to realize that if I look at the work I have done so far I can definitely see the progress. Progress, I am no longer that heap of a mess, feeling worthless and undirected. I have progress and I am thankful to be able to see it.


Pray for the people of Hati. If you would like to help go to the link below.
http://www.google.com/relief/haitiearthquake/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-sk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=haiti%20earthquakes



2 comments:

  1. You are a walking, talking ex-mess miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about you, but it's a miracle I'm alive. Many miracles occurred so that I am sitting here now.

    ReplyDelete