Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010

Today I am grateful for:


Life on life's terms. Is that not a difficult one to swallow on some days? However, the more I accept that the easier it is to experience life as it plays out. To be able to let the day happen and whatever is going on, flow with it, it makes all the difference in the world. It's funny how words that you hear can resonate in your head, I think they call them ear worms. The expression "It is what it is." makes me a little crazy. I hear it in my head from someone and it lights up like a neon sign in my head and stays on. It makes me realize that I have to let life play out, "it is what it is" and I have no control over it. Once I realized I have to be thankful for whatever happens in my day it made life so much more easier. Step 3 is always evident in my life.


Love. It is so strong in my life. I am engulfed in it. My partner loves me and I him. My son loves me. And I love my son like I have never felt for someone. My family and my friends love me. It's amazing how I can forget that sometimes. That is one of the main, strongest God given emotions in our life. How can I sometimes forget about it? Because I have a self-centered ego. Plain and simple. I am so glad when I can step away from the center to be able to express and feel Love.


Blogging. This has been an outlet that I have needed for some time. I need it to just put feelings and emotions that runs through me out there. By sharing through blogging I hope that I can help someone who is going through similar things in life. Staying sober and drug free is my main objective, or at least that was the first intention when I started. That is always the basis, but I am now realizing I need to express everything that ties into my life from that, showing I can move forward in my life and oh life is so good, no matter what. It's random, at best. I never know what I will post. But it is bringing a new freedom that I had not expected.


Random acts of kindness. I think I am going to put that on my list of things to do today and remember to do it everyday.





2 comments: