Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

Today I am grateful for:


I am so thankful for another day being drug and alcohol free. Being surrounded by people of "AA" that help me understand that I am not alone and they have the understanding that non-addicted people just cannot relate to or conceive.


I know I mention this daily. Choices. I'm still learning that I have choices and my life is how I decide to play it out. Getting unstuck has been a major realization in my life that I have been in a mood of not moving, changing and making choices. I have been talking the talk, not walking the walk. These choices of change are happening with the new year, but not because they are resolutions. I am committed to change through my life, not at the beginning of a period of time.


Loving me. Plain and simply. I don't do it. I am totally starting to understand my insides need to match my outsides. I had not been thinking very highly of myself. If I can't do that, then how can I think highly of anyone?


Laughter. The last time I remember laughing so hard I nearly pissed myself was in rehab in 08. I'm not sure what makes that happen for me. I love when you laugh so hard you cry. It's almost cleansing. I'm grateful for realizing I haven't done that in a while and I am going to put it on my list of things I need to do more than just once.


I am so grateful that I am learning to express myself through my gratitude list.





2 comments: