Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

Today I am grateful for:

Running. I have forgotten how much I love running. For so many years I would use drugs and go run. (I know, hard to believe.) I would become so focused on running that nothing else matterered. Or so I thought. I know use my time running to pray and mediate. To feel the ground under my feet. To say hello to people I don't know. I am so grateful I can run.

Knowing that I do take myself too damn serious and that in time things will get better. I just have to be willing.

Learning to let go and let God. it's a daily struggle. Interestingly enough, it comes up in so much of the reading I have been devouring lately. Note to self: "Do you think God is trying to tell you something??!!"

Family and true friends. I have to remember that I am not alone. That is a selfish thought on my part. As horrible as I feel I would cause a lot of pain if I was gone. It isn't all about me is it? Thanks Laura.

Finally working the steps.



2 comments:

  1. It's a struggle, this giving of self thing. The good news is we only have to do it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy having the runs.

    Step 3 presents itself daily to me in so many variations.

    ReplyDelete